This package covers students from their Junior-Senior year and it comes with one on one consulting time in person, through email communications, or via online meetings. The services include
- A review of the Student’s academic, extracurricular, and community activities, standardized testing results, data questionnaires prepared by The Summit College Counseling.
- Guidance on
- standardized testing (ACT, SAT, AP), dates for testing, and test preparation
- academic subjects, extracurricular and community activities for the junior year.
- summer activities and summer coursework.
- Assess the student’s perspectives on college/university, including majors, academic, social, and other factors to develop an initial college list.
- Advice on the planning of college visits, attending college fairs, and interacting with college admissions counselors.
- Guidance to the family on financial aid fundamentals, scholarships, FAFSA, and CSS Profile.
- Help explore the Student’s interests and choices of careers and college/university majors.
- A review of the preliminary college list that was developed for the Student and work towards creating a final college list to ensure that we have a list of universities that are the right fit for the student.
- Training on the college admissions applications process for the Common Application, Coalition Application, and California applications.
- Training on drafting the Common Application essay, the Supplemental essays, as well as the UC essays. Help to refine and edit the Common Application essay, the UC essays, and any others identified by the Student that are required.
- Guidance on resume writing, getting letters of recommendation, interviews, and providing supplemental materials with the application.
Why Choose The Summit?
One on One Consulting
You will work one on one with an independent college counselor who will help you navigate the college admissions process.
Understanding the Admissions Process
With the ever changing admissions, you will have an experienced counselor who will guide your student through high school and then help the student put forth a strong application
The Right Fit
With over 3,000 colleges and universities in the United States, it is important that we find the universities that are the right fit for each student.
Financial Aid Fundamentals
Given that financial aid is such a big part of the college application process, it is important that families have access to the information they need to make informed choices.
The mission at The Summit is to guide students and parents through all aspects of the college admissions process, help identify universities and colleges that are the right fit for the students and provide individualized guidance to students through high school and the college application process.